David wants you to grow up fit, healthy and strong like he is. Then you can enjoy playing games with your friends, learning more about the world we live in and having fun. He has put together his top ten ideas, they are:
1. Before heading off for school make sure you have something for breakfast. A car goes nowhere on empty so don't start the day with nothing inside your tank.
2. Have a balance of different foods so your body has all the things it needs to work well.
3. Take lots of exercise. Exercise is great fun and helps keep your heart pumping blood around your body. Exercise could be playing games with friends, going swimming at your local leisure centre or taking your dog for a long, brisk walk.
4. Don't have too many foods that have lots of sugar. These can damage your teeth.
5. Don't waste your pocket money on sweets or canned drinks on the way to and from school. Save it up so you can treat yourself to something special or that you really want. If you get hungry at this time why not pack a piece of fruit in your school bag.
6. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables because they give you the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Try and have five portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
7. Drink lots of water. Your body needs about six glasses of water each day.
8. Try to have foods with fibre in such as whole grain bread, jacket potatoes because they help you digest your food easier.
9. Brush your teeth before you go to school and before you go to bed. This will help prevent you having to go to the dentist for fillings.
10. Have a healthy school meal on a daily basis.