HC3S tries to provide a menu for all children with medically required dietary issues.
We continue to work with our suppliers to ensure that all products on the standard primary menu are confirmed as manufactured in a nut free environment. This means that nut allergy children do not need to register for a special diet.
For other allergies:
- Parents should contact their school and will need to complete an HC300 Special Diet Form to register with HC3S. An information sheet on our special diets process is available.
- Medical evidence per allergy is required for a special diet and must be attached to the form.
- Children will not be fed a special allergy diet until they are registered and their needs agreed.
- HC3S can cater for dairy free, egg free and wheat and gluten free diets.
- Combination diets to satisfy multiple allergies are provided if possible.
- HC3S endeavours to keep special diets as close to the standard menu as possible to avoid children being ‘different’.
- A non-meat option is available daily.
- Carbohydrate values are available on request.
In addition, since 2005, HC3S has worked with suppliers to comply with the Hyperactive Children's Support Group's recommendations, removing over 60 additives that may cause behaviour issues in children.