Working with your school
HC3S wants to provide the best meal service to each school and can offer various options to help achieve this.
Universal Infant Free School Meals - had a massive impact on infant and primary schools. HC3S can work with schools to make sure all eligible children have a meal and that the service runs as smoothly as possible with the increased numbers.
- Taster sessions for pupils and parents to introduce them to school lunches
- Invite parents to lunch
- Review the service to look at the way food is served, queuing system, clearing tables, more than one service time.
- Leaflets for pupils to take home about UIFSM, current menu
The same opportunities can be offered to Junior schools to increase their uptake and in addition, we can provide alternatives for Year 6 pupils to encourage them to stay for lunch
Added Extras - your school could also enjoy:
- Healthy Eating talks based on the 'eat well' plate
- Ready, Steady, Cook sessions to encourage pupils, parents and school staff to try their hand at cooking
- Bespoke signage using the Change4Life theme to improve your meal service area and menu displays
- Lunch with Lunchtime Supervisors to help link school staff with the catering staff - we like to think everyone is working together for the school, but sometimes this doesn't work as well as it could.
All catering staff receive mandatory training, however we can offer additional skills training and further help using new equipment. Our training team is also able to offer customer service skills if these are required.
Additionally, we can work with Lunchtime Supervisors to encourage customer service and more integrated working with the catering team.
Please contact your District Manager or the HC3S office for more information.