The City Catering primary school menu is accredited with the Food for Life Catering Mark bronze award which recognises that the meals are freshly prepared, locally sourced using seasonal food free from GM ingredients and trans fats.
It is vital that we have full traceability on the food we use and it is important that our customers can trust the food we serve.
The Food we serve
All eggs used in our schools are free-range, farmed to ‘Laid In Britain’ standards they are predominantly sourced locally from Fordingbridge.
All fish and fish products are from sustainable fish sources and are not on the Marine Conservation Society’s ‘Fish to Avoid’ list.
All meat and poultry used satisfies UK welfare standards and is Red Tractor accredited we source as much as we can locally-
- Sausages using some Hampshire Freedom Foods pork are made to a BPEX Gold Award winning Southern Pride recipe.
Fruit and Vegetables
Local fruit and vegetables are used when in season including apples, cabbages, cauliflowers, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, lettuce and soft fruit.
We use apple juice from a Hampshire supplier with apples grown in the county and produced specifically for schools.
We offer a vegetarian option daily and only use U.K. suppliers, local if possible-
- Bean & Vegetable Bake which is wheat and gluten free made in Amesbury.
- Vegetarian sausages from Ringwood, Hampshire.
- The margarine used in baking is certified for use by vegans and is therefore dairy free
- Yeo Valley Organic Yoghurts produced in Somerset from cattle farmed in Blagdon, Somerset.