A Balanced Lunch
The school food standards changed in January 2015 with the introduction of the new ‘Food Standards’ for school food. These standards are applicable to all schools, giving you the confidence that the food we serve is both well balanced and nutritious.
The standards apply across the whole school day including breakfast, morning break, lunch and after school clubs.
In support of the standards we make sure:-
- We take care to limit the amount of salt we use in our menus
- We oven bake foods to reduce the fat in our dishes
- We have developed low fat and low sugar recipes
- We do not knowingly use products containing genetically modified foods
- We do not use mechanically recovered meat
If you require more detailed information or want to discuss your child's diet please get in touch via the Contact Us page.