World Meat Free Day 2017
31 May 2017
Surrey Commercial Services are supporting World Meat Free Day 2017 on Monday 12th June.
The campaign’s aim is a simple one - to dramatically improve the health of our planet by changing the world’s long term behaviour to a less and better approach to eating meat and encourage people to eat a greater variety of vegetables, grains, pulses and plant-based foods.
By giving up meat for just one meal, you could save:
- enough carbon emissions to boil a kettle 388 times
- the daily water usage of 9 people
- up to 11g of fat - equivalent to 2 tablespoons of butter
- up to 90 calories, about as much as 2 jaffa cakes
By serving our usual 55,000 meat free primary school meals per day across Surrey, using the World Meat Free Day Sustainability Calculator, we will be making:
- a carbon saving equivalent to the annual power use of 3,544.7 households.
- a land saving equivalent to 6,770.2 football pitches.
- a water saving equivalent to 1,241 olympic swimming pools.
- a dietary saturated fat reduction equivalent to the weight of 1,403.8 average people made of butter.
Please click on the image below to find out more.