Beef Meat Pudding
Savoury beef casserole with a suet pastry crust.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Diced Beef (diced stewing steak)
Carrots (fresh, diced)
Onion (fresh, diced)
Pepper (white ground)
Suet (vegetable suet)
1. Fry meat with the onions, carrots, tomato puree and seasoning until all fat has been absorbed.
2. Cover with water (30ml) and crumble in stock cube.
3. Cook for 1-1.5 hours until meat is cooked.
4 Thicken with flour and water and cook thoroughly.
5. Transfer meat into a bowl.
6. Put flour, baking powder and suet in a mixing bowl, and add the water to make a dough. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. (The pastry can be made whilst the meat is cooking)
7. Roll out pastry and place over the meat mixture.
8. Cover pastry with lightly greased greaseproof paper, and then cover the greaseproof paper with aluminium foil (do not cover tightly).
9. Place bowl in a large sauce pan, half filled with water. Cover with a lid and steam for one hour.
Serve with creamed potatoes, cabbage and carrots.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list