Cheese & Egg Flan
A light meal that can be served hot or cold
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
Salt & Pepper (filling)
1. Add the margarine to the flour and rub together till the margarine is incorporated and it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the water to bring together into a ball. (needs to be soft but not wet).
2. Roll out the pastry on a little flour, and place in the flan ring/tin. Pressing gently into the edges.
3. Chop onions and fry gently in a little oil, divide the cheese and onion between the pastry cases.
4. Mix the milk with mustard and seasoning, whisk the eggs and add to the milk. Pour over the cheese in the pastry case.
5. Bake at Gas Mark 4, 350°F or 180°C, until the filling is set and lightly browned. Reduce heat to finish cooking the pastry.
Serve with new potatoes and salad or vegetables.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list