Chilli Bean Casserole
Yeehah! Add some southern spice with this tex mex bean fest.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Red Kidney Beans (tinned)
Green Pepper (diced)
Vegetable Stock Cube
1. Strain the kidney beans, wash and drain.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the diced onions for 2 minutes.
3. Add all the spices and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the diced carrots, celery and peppers, cook for 5 minutes stirring well.
5. Transfer to a casserole dish and add the kidney beans.
6. Make up the vegetable stock and whisk in the tomato puree.
7. Pour over the vegetables and stir in the bulgar wheat, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
8. Cover with tin foil and cook for 30 minutes at Gas Mark 8, 230°C and then a further 30 minutes at Gas mark 4, 180°C.
Serve in taco shells with a mixed salad
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list