Lamb Stew & Dumplings
A thickened meat with vegetables and a good old fashioned dumpling on top. Suitable for a cold winter night, main meal or supper.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Mixed Vegetables (chopped)
0.25 level teaspoon(s)
0.5 level teaspoon(s)
0.75 level teaspoon(s)
Plain Flour (dumplings)
Baking Powder (dumplings)
Salt & Pepper
1. Fry off the meat and onions till meat is browned.
2. Add the water and seasoning and marmite. Bring to the boil, reduce heat. Add the potatoes.
3. Simmer for approx 2 ½ hours or till the meat is cooked, then add the vegetables.
4. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Mix the flour with a little water to make a thin paste. Add to the meat while stirring to thicken. Season.
1. Mix the flour and baking powder, rub in the margarine until it is incorporated.
2. Mix with water to form a soft dough.
3. Shape into balls.
4. Bake at Gas Mark 7, 220°C, 425°F
5. Serve on top of the stew.
Complete meal, no need to have anything else.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list