Leek & Ham Pasta Bake
This is a classic simple pasta dish made from the best ingredients with a tasty cheese topping.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Pasta Shapes (dry)
Ham (fresh diced)
Milk (semi skimmed)
1. Wash and dry all vegetables well. Prepare leeks into 1/4 inch dice.
2. Peel and dice onions.
3. Cut ham into 1/4 inch cubes.
4. Place the pasta in boiling water and cook for approximately 6-8 minutes making sure that it is not overcooked and still firm to the bite.
5. To make the cheese sauce, melt the margarine (or butter if preferred) in a saucepan over a low heat.
6. Sieve the required amount of flour and add to the melted margarine to form a smooth paste.
7. Very gradually add the milk a little at a time, mixing thoroughly after each step to keep the sauce smooth. After initially becoming thick the sauce will become thinner and smooth as you add the milk.
8. Grate the cheese (keeping a small amount back to sprinkle over the top of the bake). Add to the sauce and season to taste.
9. Once the cheese has melted slightly raise the heat if necessary and bring the sauce to the boil stirring constantly. Allow the sauce to thicken then reduce the heat. The sauce is now ready for your pasta dish.
10. Place the onions and leeks into a pan with a little oil and cook until tender. Add the ham and sweetcorn to the mix and cook for a further 4 minutes.
11. Mix the pasta with all the ingredients including the cheese sauce.
12. Place the pasta mixture into a suitable ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and bake in a moderate oven Gas Mark 5 or 190°C until golden brown and piping hot.
13. Serve immediately.
Crusty bread, salad or fresh vegetables.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list