Rice puddings are found in nearly every area of the world. It is a milk based pudding traditionally made with short grain rice.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Milk (semi skimmed)
Rice (short grain / pudding)
1. Pre heat the oven to either 170ºC, 325ºF or Gas Mark 3.
2. Place the milk, rice, butter and sugar into a greased 1.1.litre (2 pint) oven proof dish.
3. Place on the middle shelf in the oven.
4. Bake for 2 – 2½ hours.
5. Stir 2 or 3 times during the first hour of cooking.
6. Sprinkle with the grated nutmeg.
7. Continue cooking until a golden brown crust has formed.
8. Serve hot or cold, with a spoonful of jam or seasonal fruit.
Strawberry jam or peach slices.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list