A medium spiced rice dish packed with vegetables and flavour!
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Potatoes (peeled and diced)
Red Pepper (diced)
Onions (finely chopped)
Roasted Cumin Seeds
1. Rinse the rice and cook until just soft, drain well.
2. Cook the diced carrots, potatoes and peppers in boiling water until soft.
3. Add the tomato paste, salt, garam masala, turmeric and onions to the vegetables.
4. In a oven proof dish, layer half the rice at the bottom, then add the vegetable mixture and top with the remaining rice, spreading evenly.
5. Sprinkle with the roasted cumin seeds and chilli powder.
6. Cover with foil and bake in a moderate oven at Gas Mark 6, 200°C for 30 minutes.
Serve with warm naan bread.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list