Our Caterers are well trained professionals:
- We constantly run training courses for our employees. This not only ensures that our team is well qualified to undertake the task of feeding Surrey's school children but also fulfils personal expectations and maintains morale throughout the company.
We provide the following training:-
- Basic Food Hygiene. Many of our catering managers have attained Intermediate or Advanced Standard Food Hygiene.
- Supervisory and management skills.
- Bespoke craft courses at various levels to train in practical skills and also nutrition and healthy eating training.
- Bookkeeping course to assist managers run their units efficiently.
- Health and safety and fire safety.
- Equality and diversity training.
- Allergen training
We Take Food Hygiene Very Seriously
Excellent food hygiene practices are very important to us in addition to the staff training outlined above. The Company has adopted a very stringent award winning Assured Safe Catering (ASC) system that sets out procedures to ensure food is prepared in the safest environments possible.
Environmental health officers regularly visit school kitchens as part of the national ‘Food Hygiene Rating System’. Scores are published on the Foods Standard Agency website.