Butter Bean Moussaaka
A mixture of vegetables and butter beans in a tomato based sauce topped with a cheese and yoghurt crust.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 30-35 Minutes
Butter Beans (canned)
Tomatoes (tinned, chopped)
Mixed Herbs (dried)
Cheese (grated cheddar)
Parsley (fresh, chopped)
1. Dip sliced aubergine in oil on both sides, place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until brown. Drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
2. Saute onion and garlic in a little oil. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, herbs, tomato puree and seasoning, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix in the butter beans; taste and adjust seasoning if required. Put mixture in a serving dish, layer on half the aubergines. Then repeat the process.
4. Make the topping, by mixing the flour into the yoghurt and then beat in the egg, add half the cheese and pour on the bean and aubergine mixture.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with chopped parsley
Serve with a crisp green salad and/or with garlic bread.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list