Dating as far back as the Sixteenth Century, this classic British dessert is made by folding pureed fruit into whipped cream and chilling in a pot or mould. Traditionally made with gooseberries.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes + refrigerator time
1. To make the puree. Place the strawberries into a food processor, fitted with a steal blade attachment, and process until the berries are pureed.
2. Stir in the first portion of sugar place in the fridge and leave for several hours.
3. Place your mixing bowl and whisk into the fridge for approximately 15 minutes or until very cold. 4. Remove bowl and whisk from the refrigerator.
5. Pour the cream into the mixing bowl and whisk until the cream forms soft peaks.
6. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
7. With a rubber or plastic spatula gently fold in the strawberry puree, leaving some streaks of the white whipping cream.
8. Pour the fruit fool into 4 individual dishes.
9. Cover and place into the refrigerator until serving time.
10. This dish can be made up to 4 hours before serving.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list