Our policy of sourcing ingredients locally has many benefits. It means food traceability is more reliable from our suppliers. Food also travels less distance and can be fresher, tastier and more nutritious. Fewer food miles is good for the environment and is great news for the local economy and people of Derbyshire.
Our main Derbyshire suppliers are:
- Buxton, Water - High Peak
- Tomson, Fruit & Vegetables - High Peak
- Lower Hurst Farm, Organic Beef - Hartington
- Underwood Meat Company Ltd, Sausages - Chesterfield
- John Palin, Fruit & Vegetables - Matlock
Food facts about our meals:
- All meat served is British and farm assured (Red Tractor)
- We have reduced the sugar content in our desserts by 33%
- No undesirable additives or artificial trans fats are used
- Our meals are freshly prepared on school site or at a local hub kitchen
- No fish are served from the Marine Conservation Society fish to avoid list
- All eggs are from free range hens
- No nuts are used in any of our cooking
If you have any further questions please send us a message via the Contact Us page.