Food For Life
Food for Life Served Here: Fresh, trustworthy school meals
The Soil Association’s Food for Life Served Here award is a guarantee for our customers that we provide fresh food which is free from undesirable additives and better for animal welfare.
We are delighted that our commitment to serving fresh and healthy meals cooked from scratch by our professional catering team using fresh local and organic produce has once again been recognised by the Soil Association with the highest award of Gold Food for Life Served Here.
What does this mean?
This means that the food we serve is meeting standards around freshness, provenance and traceability.
Your child is eating freshly prepared food which is free from additives and trans fats, and better for animal welfare.
We have passed a thorough inspection by the Soil Association to show that we meet these standards.
We are inspected annually and therefore can demonstrate that we maintain the good work.
For more information about Food for Life Served Here, please visit: http://www.sacert.org/catering
Menu Factoids – Fresh Food You Can Trust
- We only use free range eggs on our menus via a local supplier at Great Hookley Farm in Elstead, Surrey.
- All fish featured on the menu is fished from a recognised sustainable source.
- We only use British Red Tractor/Farm Assured meat and poultry on our menus.
- The yoghurts on our menus are sourced locally from an award winning family owned business.
- Our flour is sourced locally from a family run flour millers who have been milling flour since 1824.
- Organic milk for drinking and also used in cooking.
- Full traceability of all foods procured providing parental reassurance.
- We use Organic beef & pork on our menus.