Christmas Nut Roast
This is a scrumptious Christmas nut roast that will suit most vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Brown Rice (long grain)
Nuts (chopped mixed)
1. Peel and finely chop the onions.
2. Peel and finely grate the carrots.
3. Wash and chop the mushrooms.
4. Cook the rice following manufacturers instructions. Drain well.
5. Add the margarine to a suitable saucepan and melt over a low heat.
6. Cook the onions in the melted margarine until soft, and add the cooked rice. Mix well.
7. Mix in the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, nuts and whisked eggs.
8. Place in a greased loaf tin and cook in a moderate oven Gas Mark 5 or 190°C for approximately 1 hour or until fully cooked.
9. Serve accompanied with a cheese or parsley sauce if required.
Sprouts and cranberry sauce
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list