Spicy Spinach Bake
This was an original recipe created to encourage school pupils to eat spinach in a warming filling dish.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Peeled Potatoes (mashed)
1. Wash and peel potatoes, and place in boiling water until tender. Drain well.
2. Place the spinach in boiling water for approximately 3-4 minutes, drain well ensuring all water has been removed.
3. Place all ingredients (remembering to keep a small amount of cheese back for the top) into a mixing bowl and mash together well. Season to taste at this point.
4. Place the mixture into a suitable ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
5. Bake in a moderate oven Gas Mark 5 or 190°C until piping hot and cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
6. Garnish with slices of tomato and serve immediately.
This recipe accompanies a traditional main meal as a carbohydrate choice.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list