Pastry case filled with currants and a light sponge mixture.
Country of Origin:
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Mixed Fruit Jam
1. Make up pastry using the first four ingredients.
2. Place flour in mixer; add fats and mix on low speed until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water and bind together.
4. Roll out pastry and line tray. Crimp edges, prick base and bake blind until pastry is nearly cooked.
5. Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, gradually add in beaten egg.
6. Mix semolina with baking powder and add to mixture. Add water.
7. Spread jam thinly over pastry, sprinkle currants over jam, spread mixture on top.
8. Bake on Gas Mark 4, 180°c, 375°f for 20-30 minutes.
9. Dust with icing sugar.
Hot with custard sauce, or cold with cream or fromage frais.
These indicators are for guidance only. You are responsible for reading the recipe carefully
and checking all packaging and ingredients you are using, to ensure they are suitable for your
diet and/or medical needs. AVF Marketing will not accept any liability for any situations that
might arise if this advice is ignored.
Back to list