The Food We Use and How We Use It
- We only use approved suppliers and manufacturers
- We buy food locally wherever possible
- We work to ensure emerging trends can be catered for.
- We do not use meat products that contain MRM (mechanically retrieved meat)
- The following additives are not allowed in the food we provide as they cause the most concern to children’s behaviour: E110, E102, E107, E123, E120.
- We do not knowingly use food containing GM (Genetically modified) ingredients
- We take care to limit the amount of salt used in cooking and bought-in foods.
- Wherever possible we oven cook food to reduce the fat content in our dishes.
- We have modified our recipes to reduce sugar and fat and increase fibre.
- We encourage eating ‘5 a day’ fruit and vegetables. The school meal can provide two of these essential healthy foods every school day.
- We comply with the 'School Food Standards' for school food.
- We actively promote and encourage healthy eating and like to make eating meals an enjoyable and valuable experience.