Working with your school
These resources have been created by teachers for teachers and we feel sure you will find them both relevant and useful. The resources are copyright. However, they are downloadable and provided free of charge by Surrey County Council to any teacher working in Surrey.
Surrey has invested in this website because it believes that school meals have an important part to play in the whole school day. It has been created to add value to the school catering service and provide helpful information for adults, teachers and pupils.
If you have any questions or ideas on how we can improve the site please contact us. Come back soon because new games are in the pipeline with extra resources for your classroom.
This website will provide teachers with a variety of resources in support of school food.
Surrey Commercial Services see this as a great opportunity of partnership working and believe this will benefit the health and wellbeing of children in the future and will support individual schools with the following activities:-
- Taster sessions with pupils & parents
- Food Safety Awareness for Pupils
- School Council
- School Nutritional Action Groups (SNAGS)
- Utilisation of school’s fresh produce
- Bespoke themed menus to link with curricular activities
As part of the lunchtime offer in Surrey Schools we provide:
- A two course traditional meal
- A vegetarian option
- Special dietary requirements
- Seasonal salad bar or Crudités selection
- Fresh bread baked daily on the premises
- A choice of desserts including cheese & biscuits, yoghurt or fruit (fresh, dried or tinned).
Our three week menu cycle which offers greater variety for our customers. We continue to keep Friday's fun, by offering the children’s favourites on these days.