A Balanced Lunch
January 2015 saw the introduction of the new ‘Food Standards’ for school food. These standards are applicable to all schools, giving you the confidence that the food we serve is both well balanced and nutritious.
The standards are intended to ensure that children get the nutrition they need across the whole school day. It is just as important that the food looks good and tastes good and that we talk to children about what is on offer and to serve food in a pleasant environment.
As a general principle it is important to offer a wide range of foods, variety is essential, whether it is different fruit or vegetables, grains, pulses or types of meat and fish.
The standards apply across the whole school day including breakfast, morning break, lunch and after school clubs.
In support of the standards we make sure:-
- We take care to limit the amount of salt we use in our menus
- We oven bake foods to reduce the fat in our dishes
- We have developed low fat and low sugar recipes
- We do not knowingly use products containing genetically modified foods
- We do not use mechanically recovered meat
If you require more detailed information or want to discuss your child's diet please contact us via the e-mail address on the contact page.